Dr. Dassani has practiced dentistry for over two decades. She is passionate about the role of the dentist in whole body health. She frequently sees patients for whom the dentist is the only consistent medical provider. By screening patients, connecting them with appropriate specialists, and devising treatment plans, Dr. Dassani can change lives.
In recent years she has begun to identify and treat adult and pediatric sleep apnea in her practice. Her in-depth knowledge of orofacial anatomy allows her to help patients with underlying defects of the tongue, jaw, and palate. Some have reached adulthood without ever being educated about how the shape of their skull affects their breathing and sleep. Dr. Dassani works to educate fellow dental professionals about sleep disordered breathing (SDB) so that these treatments can become more easily available to patients throughout North America.
A writer as well as a clinician, Dr. Dassani has published four books on sleep apnea and the dental practice: Healthy Sleep, Happy Kids, Sleep. Breathe. Dream., Airway is Life, and The Tired Child. All books are available through Amazon.com.
Dr. Dassani is also a frequent speaker at professional meetings. She belongs to the following professional organizations.
- Fellow and Member, International Congress of Implantologists
- Fellow and Member, International Dental Implant Association
- Associate Fellow, World Clinical Laser Institute
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Physiological Medicine and Dentistry
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Texas Dental Association
- Greater Houston Dental Society
For more information on how Dr. Dassani can help you implement SDB screening and treatment programs in your practice, please see our Services Page.